On this day in 1947, President Harry S. Truman officially opened the first White House bowling alley. The two-lane alley was constructed in the West Wing with funding provided by a group of Truman’s fellow Missourians in honor of the president.
Anna Pozara of Roseville, Michigan made this “Bowling Quilt” for a local bowling club. Pozara documented her quilt as part of the Michigan Quilt Project.
View this quilt on The Quilt Index to find out! Read more about its history, design and construction. Be sure to use the zoom tool for a detailed view or click the “See full record” link to see a larger image and all the data entered about that quilt.
Posted by Amy E. Milne
Executive Director, Quilt Alliance