PROUDLY MEMBER SUPPORTED!
The Quilt Alliance brings together a vital, active network of individuals and organizations nationwide including, but not limited to, quiltmakers, guilds, historians, folklorists, archivists, corporations, quilt shops, museums, collectors, universities, and families. This network includes you. As an alliance, we seek to celebrate and preserve quilts’ art and history, and the creativity of quiltmakers both in the past and present. Membership dues and contributions make up over 60% of our frugal operating budget and enable our mission unlike any other single source of support. You can choose from one of the membership levels below or simply make a donation of the dollar amount you choose. All memberships are renewable annually and tax-deductible.
2024 members and donors will have access to our 30th anniversary Block of the Month patterns distributed in 2023.
- Reduced ticket prices and priority registration for Alliance events.
- Members-only access to the StoryBee interview archive that includes 36 full-length recorded interviews and workplace tours, and other members only content.
- The option to receive a member’s edition of the monthly eNewsletter
- The option to be listed on the Alliance Supporters page. Guild/group member listings are linked to the group’s website.
- Individual members are offered modest thank you gifts to help them spread the word about the Alliance (see below for descriptions)
- Guild/group members can
- Schedule one free on-site or virtual Alliance presentation per year (travel, accomodations and per diem for the speaker are not included and must be covered by group). The one-hour program will cover the importance of quilt documentation and includes demo interviews with group members.
- Access to the Quilters Take a Moment recording archive for group screening
- Submit two free banner ads per year for the Alliance newsletter.
- 30th anniversary Block of the Month patterns: one block a month from April – December 2023!
Individual Membership Levels and Benefits
- Student ($20): digital membership badge (for personal blogs, websites, social media) showing folks you are a member)
- Friend ($30): digital membership badge
- Album ($60): add QA enamel logo lapel pin to all items above
- Sunburst ($90): add QA logo note pad to all items above
- Signature ($150): add QA logo t-shirt to all items above
Group (Guild/Organizational/Small Business) Membership Level and Benefits
- See benefits list above
Be Part of Quilt History.
StoryBee: an archive of 37 interviews just for our members
StoryBee hosted by Frances O’Roark Dowell is the 2018-2021 web-based interview show that profiled notable people who make, collect, sell, study, exhibit and/or preserve quilts. In keeping with the Quilt Alliance mission to document, preserve and share the history of quilts, StoryBee recorded conversations with people from all corners of the quilt world, toured their workspace and found out what was on their minds.
QA members can watch StoryBee videos at their convenience by logging into the Members-Only Corner on the QA’s website (all current members receive emails when new content is available and/or when they join/renew). Watch the first StoryBee episode below, or click on the video to watch it in YouTube. You can also find teasers for all StoryBee episodes here and our first full episode with Victoria Findlay Wolfe below.